Two Bit Hero
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
It's not easy being a hero, especially if your city already has a superhero. Especially if that superhero has super strength and can fly! But what happens when a bunch of evil-doers with the power to glitch out reality itself take over a building, grab a few hostages and manage to overpower said superhero?
Well, it is up to YOU of course to step up and prove to everyone that you are more than just a two-bit hero! Are you up to the task?
Two Bit Hero is a classic retro metroidvania - a retroidvania if you will - that sees you taking on the role of hero. Citizens have been trapped inside a skyscraper and you have to get in, power up, defeat the bad guys, save the people and get out again. But be careful when you encounter a glitch in reality, for it will transport you to a different reality altogether! But perhaps you can use that to your advantage?
- Handcrafted Experience - Nothing is random
- Two large maps to explore - They are the same and yet different
- Carefully balanced gameplay - You'll have to glitch between both realities to progress
- Power up your character by collecting items spread throughout both maps
- Retro look and feel - Includes chiptune music by Trevor Lentz (X-O Planets, Citadale, Neon.Code)
- Easy mode for newcomers to the genre
- Three different endings
Due to limitations with the engine, some controllers, for example 8bitdo gamepads, may not work properly. There is, unfortunately, nothing I can do about that. Should you have any trouble with your gamepad, maybe try another gamepad or use the keyboard. I apologize for the inconvenience.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of 3.99€ EUR. You will get access to the following files:
- Game UpdatesMay 29, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.